I usually have very short hair – at least, short enough that I can’t make a ponytail (or much of one, anyways). The video below shows how to make a bun when you have short hair (and even shows a few techniques that will work for people with long hair, too!).
As long as you have a minimum of about 1″ long hair at the top of your head, you can use this method to make a bun. It doesn’t matter how short the rest of your hair is! And, if you can get your hair into a ponytail stub of any length, you can skip the extensions and just attach the wiglet to make your bun.
The best part about this is that you can wear the SAME hat you’ve always worn – the extensions don’t make the hat much tighter at all! On days when I’m rushed for time, I skip the bun and go with my short hair, and my hats fit the same.
Hope this gives you some ideas and feel free to share it!
- Bobby pins
- Two hair nets
- Rubber band
- Clip-type barrette
- Redken Rough Paste
- Clip-in hair extensions (you can skip this part if you’re able to get your hair into a ponytail stub!)
- Clip-in drawstring hairpiece
Latest posts by Tiffani Frey (see all)
- Fixing the One-Sided Horse – March 28, 2016
- Running Martingales, Draw Reins and German Martingales – A Physics Lesson – November 23, 2015
- What to Do in the Off Season – October 14, 2015