This year’s clinic will be held October 14-15 and features World Champion trainer Tami Reiser of Reiser Stables, Simpsonville, KY, as our clinician! Tami is the talent behind such champions as WC Windgate’s Lady Lorraine, WC Undulata’s Nuts & Bolts, WCC Show Baby Show, WCC Number One Girl, RWC High Life’s Pride, and Walterway’s Dignitary, to name a few. Tami is thrilled to share her expertise with our group this year and we’re very excited to welcome her to the clinic. We will also have Dr. Mark Dobson and Kevin James Harden for sessions on equine chiropractic and farriery.
Day 1 (Friday, Oct 13)
- 12:00pm – 9:00pm Check in (horses only)
- 6:00pm – 8:00pm Poolside Cocktail Meet & Greet – Everyone is welcome to tour the farm, enjoy hors d’oeuvres and drinks around our indoor pool, and visit with the clinicians and attendees. Bring your swimsuit and towel!
Day 2 (Saturday, Oct 14)
- 7:00am – 9:00am Check in (horses and auditors)
- 9:00am – 9:15am Welcome and Introductions
- 9:15am – 10:00am Preparing to Show – What to do one month, one week, one day, one hour before you hit the ring.
- 10:00am – 10:15am Break
- 10:15am – 12:00pm Lessons
- 12:15pm – 1:30pm Lunch – Ringsmanship – Enjoy a catered lunch while we discuss ways to make your ride stand out (in a good way!). You’ll learn how to work a ring in a big crowd, techniques for finding a spot on the rail, and the right way to make an entrance.
- 1:30pm – 4:30pm Lessons
- 4:30pm – 4:45pm Break
- 4:45pm – 5:30pm Shoeing with Kevin James Harden – You’ll learn what good shoeing looks like, and we’ll discuss how to fix uneven movement, how to enhance a horse’s natural abilities, and what the rules are for each division.
- 5:30pm – 7:00pm Dinner and Social Time
- 7:00pm – 8:00pm Equine Chiropractic with Dr. Mark Dobson, D.C., C.C.S.P., C.V.A.C – He will discuss when chiropractic work can be appropriate and beneficial to your horse, and will demonstrate a typical adjustment for a show horse.
- 8:00pm – 8:45pm Long Lining & Bitting Rigs – We’ll demonstrate the equipment and techniques used for long lining and bitting rigs. You’ll gain an understanding of how and when to use these great training methods.
Day 3 (Sunday, Oct 15)
- 7:30am – 8:00am Check in (auditors)
- 7:00am – 7:45am (Optional Activity – Sign up at the clinic. Additional charge.) Poolside Yoga – Join us for yoga by the pool! Bring your mat and prepare to greet the morning.
- 8:00am – 9:00am Tails – Nothing sets a show horse apart from the crowd like a long, flowing tail. We’ll show you how to care for a tail, how to fit a tailset, and how to apply a brace and switch.
- 9:00am – 9:15am Break
- 9:15am – 11:45am Lessons
- 11:45am – 12:30pm Lunch – Open Q&A – Enjoy a catered lunch while Tami answers your questions on any topic.
- 12:30pm – 3:00pm Lessons
- 3:00pm – 3:15pm Break
- 3:15pm – 4:15pm Bits & Bridles – We’ll talk bit theory and practical applications to help you understand what bits to choose for your horse. We’ll also cover fitting a show bridle and the various work bridle setups.
- 4:15pm – 4:30pm Closing
Agenda subject to change.
- $430 per horse
- $90 to audit both days or $55/day to audit one day ($100/$75 at the door so register in advance!) Online registration closes October 7th.
Please read the below information BEFORE you register.
- Lunch is included both days.
- No videotaping or recording allowed without permission.
- No refunds unless we have a waiting list or a veterinarian certifies that your horse is unable to attend.
- The facility is heated but is not warm. Dress accordingly.
- No dogs allowed.
If You’re Bringing a Horse:
- Due to our limited stabling and desire to keep the group lessons to a manageable size, only 2 horses maximum per person will be allowed.
- Stalls are 10×12 with dirt floors. Shavings will be provided.
- Stalls must be cleaned prior to checkout.
- Bring everything you need including buckets, grain, hay, muck bucket, pitchfork, tack, grooming supplies, helmet, etc. Stalls have eye bolts for crossties and buckets.
- One groom or helper will be admitted per horse for $45 (1/2 of auditing fee). They will be allowed to audit.
- Arrival is Friday night. Departure is Sunday or Monday after your stall has been cleaned. It does not need to be stripped.
- Helmets are required for all riders and drivers and will not be provided. If you don’t bring a helmet, you won’t be allowed to ride or drive.